Apply to Exhibit
About the Exhibition Program: Each year Artistry presents approximately seven exhibitions in each the Inez Greenberg Gallery and the Atrium Gallery showcasing artistically excellent artwork executed in a variety of media and styles that express a wide range of creative voices. An exhibition committee convenes each spring to review submitted proposals and select artists who will exhibit approximately 2 years from the review date.
Submissions are now open for our
2019 exhibition year.
Visit the submissions page through CaFÉ™ to apply. The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2017.
Proposal Requirements: All exhibit proposals must be submitted via Artistry’s online artist review service, CaFÉ™, and include the following:
- An artist statement or proposal description of 1000 characters or less (including spaces)
- 10 digital artwork samples saved as standard JPEGS (file dimensions should be 1920 pixels on the longest side; file resolution of 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution); file size of 3 MB maximum**
- Information about each work sample (image) including title, medium, size, and date of completion
- Optional resume or biographical summary (two-page maximum)*
- $15 non-refundable application fee
*Resumes/bios are not required for group proposals of three or more artists. However, a description of the group or arts organization is required in place of a resume and in addition to the proposal description.
- Artists do not need to be a member of Artistry to propose an exhibition or to exhibit their work once invited.
- Artists must be 18 years or older.
- Artists must be residents of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, or Wisconsin.
- Artists currently enrolled in an undergraduate level art program are ineligible.
- Artists who have exhibited in a solo or small group exhibition at Artistry in the past two years are ineligible.
- Artists who have shown in the Annual Members' Juried Art Exhibition ARE eligible to apply.
CaFÉ Help Page for artists has answers to the most commonly asked technical questions as well as tutorials on sizing images. For all other inquiries, please contact Visual Arts Director Rachel Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-563-8570.
Applications are now closed for Artistry's 2016 Members' Juried Exhibition. A call for proposals for our 2017 Members' Exhibition will open in August 2017.
Each fall Artistry holds a members' juried art exhibition in the Inez Greenberg Gallery at the Bloomington Center for the Arts. This exhibition is juried and judged by a prominent local art professional. All current Artistry members aged 18 years or older who reside in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Wisconsin are welcome to apply.
2016 Exhibition requirements:
A membership initiated after September 30, 2015 need not be renewed for this competition. To renew or apply for a membership, please click here.
Each member may enter up to two pieces to be juried, and a $15 non-refundable entry fee is required (regardless of the number of pieces submitted). Cash prizes and ribbons will be awarded. For information about the upcoming 2016 show, please click here.
- Ensure that you are a current Artistry member. To renew or apply for membership, please click here.
- Complete the online application through CaFÉ.
- Upload 1-2 images of your artwork (up to two pieces of artwork may be submitted) in JPEG format, set at 1920 pixels on the longest side.
- Submit your $15 non-refundable application fee online via credit card or by mailing a check to Artistry.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 11:00 p.m. on September 23, 2016.
Inez Greenberg Gallery
The Inez Greenberg Gallery is the larger of the two galleries in the Bloomington Center for the Arts. We typically use this gallery for group shows of varying sizes, though we occasionally produce solo exhibitions and site-specific installations in this space. The Inez Greenberg Gallery has:
The Atrium Gallery is located on the upper level of the Bloomington Center for the Arts. We typically use this space for solo exhibitions. The Atrium Gallery has: